Anyone who knows me will agree that I have a sweet tooth (doesn’t everyone). I often make chocolatey treats such as Konditor and Cook’s famous chocolate biscuit cake (link to recipe) and various chocolate slabs at home. I’ve only ever done this using shop bought chocolate – until now!
On a recent trip to Costco, I treated myself to their organic cacao powder with the aim of making chocolate at home…from scratch! Don’t get me wrong, I’m no chocolatier and my deserve to temper chocolate (it’s laborious, messy, not my idea of fun) is zero but after a little trial and error I’ve found that making your own chocolate from home isn’t so daunting after all.
Makes 6 bars
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 cap vanilla extract
2 tbsp organic cacao powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
½ cup raisins
3 tbsp popped quinoa
½ tsp sea salt
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 5 mins Ready In: 40 mins
- Melt the coconut oil on a low heat
- Add the vanilla extract
- Slowly add the cacao powder and brown sugar, whisking away any lumps
- Mix in the peanut butter until smooth
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the raisins and the popped quinoa
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper
- Sprinkle over the sea salt
- Chill in the freezer for 30 mins
- Remove from freezer and cut into fun sized slabs
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container
Follow my method to make your own and don’t forget to tell me how you get on in the comments!