I really enjoy Indian cuisine and whilst I rarely dine out and never order takeaways, I often make my own dhal and curry dishes.
Most of my meals are plant based but this evening I decided to try Chicken Tikka Masala, having come across a recipe on another social media network. Believe me it was simple and will definitely be repeated!
Here is the recipe on which I based my version which I have detailed below.
Ingredients – Chicken Marinade
- 500g diced chicken
- Spices (1 tbsp of each) – Garam Masala, Paprika, Ground Cumin, Ground Ginger, Crushed Garlic, Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
Ingredients – Tikka Masala Sauce
- Spices – (1 tbsp of each or to taste) Cumin Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cumin, Ground Ginger, Garam Masala, Paprika, Salt & Pepper
- Crushed Garlic
- Diced Onion
- 2 tsbp Tomato paste / 150 ml Passata
- 100 ml Water
- Combine the spices and yoghurt with the chicken leaving for at least an hour to marinade.
- Bake the chicken in the oven, until brown.
- Sauce – fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they pop then add the garlic and the onions.
- Sweat the ingredients then add in the remainder of the spices.
- Add the tomato paste and water.
- Add in the chicken.
- Cook for around 15 mins.
I served with plain rice and broccolli – the meal was simply divine!